112 replies to this topic

#1 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Scout

• Moderators
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

it was announced that the next season kick-off will be on August 17.

The draw will take place on either July 11 or 12.

Panousis-sig.jpg

#2 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

This will be a wierd season for us AEK fans!

#3 Grkmikey95

Grkmikey95

Bench Warmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn New York

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

So guys help me out here. Paok go to champions league qualifications. How about atromitos asteras and panionios? They go to europa League?

#4 Olympiakara10

Olympiakara10

Bench Warmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'd like to welcome back Apollon Smyrni to the Greek Super League after a 14 year absence.

Also a welcome to newcomers Kalloni...a club from Mytilini. A welcome sight to see new faces in the SL.

#5 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

So guys help me out here. Paok go to champions league qualifications. How about atromitos asteras and panionios? They go to europa League?

Atromitos, Asteras and if Pas Giannena can fix their stadium will go Europa

#6 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'd like to welcome back Apollon Smyrni to the Greek Super League after a 14 year absence.

Great to see them back, but I always remember them as Apollon Athinon... wouldn't that also work better for them in terms of marketing but I guess they dont think about those things there lol.

#7 RED SHERIFF

RED SHERIFF

Team Captain

• Moderators
  • 1797 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

Atromitos, Asteras and if Pas Giannena can fix their stadium will go Europa

PAS has to go through UEFA approval based on finances...not their stadium...As AEK and Besiktas did last year,Malaga are also out of Europe this season for same reasons,I believe there are more clubs around Europe with similar issues.

#8 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Scout

• Moderators
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

PAS will probably not get the license  by UEFA to play. Same might happen to Panathinaikos who would take their place, which meants that Xanthi might end up playing in Europa LEague.

Panousis-sig.jpg

#9 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for clarifying fellas!

#10 Dimitri

Dimitri

Bench Warmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Great to see them back, but I always remember them as Apollon Athinon... wouldn't that also work better for them in terms of marketing but I guess they dont think about those things there lol.

I like name Apollon Smyrni to honor the origin of this historic club.  

They have a great stadium in Rizoupoli.  It'll be interesting to see how these 'secondary' Athenian teams manage with fans, etc.  Atromitos, from a huge neighborhood has pretty good fan support.  Panionios has been around in the top flight for a long time and has an established (although pretty small) fan base.  Old teams like Aigaleo from larger neighborhoods in the past had pretty good support.

I wonder if these clubs, should they do well, steal fans away from the traditional clubs in Athens - namely AEK if they stay down in the lower divisions longer than expected, and PAO as they continue to decline...

@Olympiakara10: Hopefully, Kalloni can improve their stadium a little bit before coming up.  I think they will and I think we'll see a similar situation like we did in Platanias last year.  Smaller island club with good support and can probably get some good results.  They had an awesome turnout for their final game ensuring promotion to the SuperLeague.  They had a really good player in Macoumba Kandji, a tall lanky forward who had really good skill - he has transferred to Levadiakos for the upcoming season.  Keep an eye on this player - he played in the MLS for several years before, but I think he'll have success in Greece.

"There is art, dignity, genius, luck and bad luck, Gods and demons, freedom and fate, flags, hymns and tears, and above all, the discovery that although Brazil is bad at lots of things, it is good with the ball." -Roberto Da Matta

#11 Nikod

Nikod

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

I remember Mac Kandji from a very brief spell w/ the NY Red Bulls. impressed by his touch and all-around play. i hope he is a success in greece.

#12 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Scout

• Moderators
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Panaitolikos Agrinio will join Apollon Smyrni, Ergotelis and Kalloni from Foootball League in Superleague next season.

Panaitolikos following the 2:1 win at Olympiakos Volos in the last round of the Football League playoffs finished 1st and secured the last spot for Superleague.

Superleague next season:

AEL Kalloni

Apollon Smyrnis

Aris Thessaloniki

Asteras Tripolis

Atromitos Athens

Ergotelis

Levadeiakos

OFI

Olympiakos Piraeus

Panaitolikos Agrinio

Panathinaikos Athens

Panionios Athens

Panthrakikos Komotini

PAOK Thessaloniki

PAS Giannina

Platanias Chania

Skoda Xanthi

Veroia

Panousis-sig.jpg

#13 ZOOM

ZOOM

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

One problem we all agree on is crowds in the GSL, one nice little trick that some FA use around the world is set up the fixtures in the league so that it gives the league good publicity.

If you could pick the first round of GSL fixtures what would that be? 

For me they would be as follows, this way we start with the eternal derby, we see promoted team like kaloni sell out first game, nice derby of crete, and some other interesting fixtures.. 

Friday Night 

Kalloni FC versus PAOK FC 

Saturday Night 

OFH CRETE versus PLANTANIAS 

ASTERAS TRIPOLIS versus PANAITOLIKOS FC 

ARIS FC versus Skoda Xanthi 

Sunday Night 

OLYMPAICOS FC versus PANATHINAIKOS FC 

VERIOA versus PANTHRAKIKOS 

ERGOTELIS v PANIONIOS

PAS GIANNINA v LEVADIAKOS 

Monday Night 

APOLLON SMYRNIS versus ATROMITOS 

#14 Aek271

Aek271

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Friday Night
Aris vs Paok

Saturday Night
Ofi vs Ergotelis
Levadiakos vs Panaitolikos
Panathinaikos vs Olympiakos

Sunday Night
Platanias vs atromitos
Veria vs Panthrakikos
Giannina vs Asteras
Kalloni vs xanthi

Monday
Panionios vs Apollon

This way we start the season with four local rivalries. I would also have Giannina vs Asteras because they both played very good, attacking soccer last season and that would be a fun game to watch in the very beginning of the year with the players being fresh and in shape because of European games.

#15 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

I am with you guys on your theory but I always prefer the derby's a few rounds (+3 but less then 7) into the season, makes then that little bit juicier!

#16 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Scout

• Moderators
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Looks like the 18-team Superleague will only last for two seasons as there are discussions to go back to 16-team league starting with the 2015-2016 season.

The proposal for the 2013-14 season is for 3 team to be relegated and for 3 teams from Football League to be promoted.

In the 2014-2015 season, 4 teams will be relegated from Superleague and only two teams from Football league to be promoted in order to get a 16-team league fro 2015-2016.

What a joke. And than they wonder why nobody takes this league seriously.

Panousis-sig.jpg

#17 Aegean

Aegean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Anyone know of a good site listing all of the transfers apart from Transfermarkt?

#18 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Scout

• Moderators
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Draw for the next season is to take place tomorrow July 11.

Panousis-sig.jpg

#19 Amorgos

Amorgos

Scout

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Looks like the 18-team Superleague will only last for two seasons as there are discussions to go back to 16-team league starting with the 2015-2016 season.

The proposal for the 2013-14 season is for 3 team to be relegated and for 3 teams from Football League to be promoted.

In the 2014-2015 season, 4 teams will be relegated from Superleague and only two teams from Football league to be promoted in order to get a 16-team league fro 2015-2016.

What a joke. And than they wonder why nobody takes this league seriously.

So they went to 18 teams and BEFORE the season even starts they have made new plans to go back to 16 in 2015... I’ve said it before and ill say it again but they have to be the dumbest fucks over there!!! I would love to sit in on a board meeting one day!

Here in Oz, everything gets scrutinized, I’m sure England, US, Canada too, and most other countries to some extent yet in Greece there so... clueless it seems! Who is in charge?

#20 ZOOM

ZOOM

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Difference with greece is they dont give a fuck....

EPO get smashed on radio all day everyday by owners look at xanthi ripping in last week sta arxidia tous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users